Thursday 11 February 2010

Courgette, Cremini Mushroom and Pea Risotto with goats cheese

Temporary aid for my blocked up sinuses tonight with a yummy dinner of creamy, smooth and a little bit salty filling bowl of risotto.  Just what my tummy and nose needed!


I've posted before about how personal I think a risotto is...taste, texture, everything is up to you! This risotto was a lovely combination of soft mushrooms and courgettes juxtaposed with the bite of fresh peas and the creamy saltyness of the hard goats cheese crumbled overtop. 

We've eaten pretty poorly this week (pizza monday and wednesday with salmon in between!) with all the commotion around the house so I hope that this meal will be a return to our usual routine!

5 comments:

  1. Risotto for me is the ultimate! and i've never made it. My son makes me a treat once is a while his rostto is to die for. you are right it is a Personal thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage...Rita, oooo I would love to try your son's risotto! Does he make the same one for you or does he mix it up? You really should try it! Let me know if you do! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, this looks so good. I love risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He makes different ones. He is the chef and perfected his risotto when he was in Switzerland. it's really good.
    I think I will give it a try.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita...I am sorry, I forgot he is a chef! I bet it is goooooood! My risotto improved by watching my mum make hers...it helps to have someone who knows what to do around, it is a bit finiky at first! but once you've done it....you won't stop!!!

    ReplyDelete