Tuesday 16 February 2010

Meatless Monday...Butternut Squash Risotto REVISITED

Months ago, before David and I travelled to Canada, I challenged myself to use up all the "stuff" in my cupboards and fridge....that was when my budget was tight and when we needed to get rid of everything before our trip...anyway, for my first meal I made a butternut squash risotto...and last night I revisited it...with a little twist.

 

The handful of times I have made butternut squash risotto I have just roasted the squash in cubes and chucked it in at the end...last night I decided to mash up about 2/3rds of the squash to mix in the rice during the last few minutes of cooking.  It really made a difference, made it a bit more special for us :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi = just wanted to send you good wishes on your forth coming wedding. I hope you both have a lovely day and years of happiness together. I too live in Chelmsford & I came across your blog when I was searching for folks who knit. I don't have a blog and I'm more of a lurker but I just thought I would send you my good wishes. I enjoy your recipes aswell. Amanda

    ReplyDelete