Thursday 3 June 2010

Totally Smitten with Smitten Kitchen

If you haven't had a chance to check out Smitten Kitchen please please please do...I only wish I could create/write like Deb!!  Last week I was happy to open an email link to her post for Shaved Asparagus Pizza and just about drooled all over my keyboard scrolling thorough the photos and instructions.  I just had had had to try it.  I picked up two bunches of fresh locally grown asparagus at the farmer's market on Saturday and have just been waiting for my early day at work to give me enough time to prepare the dough etc. Finally Wednesday arrived and with it my version of Deb's fantastic looking Shaved Asparagus Pizza...


David and I love asparagus and we love pizza...so we just HAD to love this one! And we did! My pizza dough makes enough for two reasonably sized thin crust pizzas, so I should have shaved more asparagus...but alas only enough for one (the other became a focaccia).  Shaved Asparagus tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and some chili flakes all piled high onto a pizza base covered with parmesean and mozzerella cheese....WHAT NO TOMATO SAUCE says David...NO David...this is what is called WHITE pizza...so so so yummy.  I think that the egg and chili were good additions...a little heat kick and the yolk made up for the "missing" sauce.  Try it...trust me!

2 comments:

  1. shaved Asparagus - looks and sounds amazing - yes will try it - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMM.... I will be trying this tomorrow! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete