Tuesday 3 August 2010

soba noodles with aubergine and mango

The moment I cracked open Yotam Ottolenghi's Plenty I knew that this was the recipe for me! Soba noodles, aubergine and mango! Yes please! I love soba noodles...but I usually love them when they are cooked by someone else and mixed with all sorts of other "yogi" foods that I wish I could afford to buy and serve all the time....you know acai berries, millet, quinoa, flax flakes, soba noodles...those things...anyway, this recipe was the excuse I was looking for!! (little secret...I bought the soba noodles about 2 months ago! they have been waiting for an aubergine to arrive in the veggie box...and this week...it did!!)


This fantastic recipe takes a bit of prep (but can be made a couple of hours ahead) and I think would make a great take along salad for a bbq or party!! I quickly pan fried from tofu to accompany and...perfecto!!

No comments:

Post a Comment