Sunday 9 January 2011

Bread baking week 2

In my new issue of delicious magazine there is a little blurb about reclaiming bread baking and I've noticed a few of you have made the resolution to bake a loaf a week...we are SO ahead of the trend!!!

This week I stuck with the recipe from week one, and the method (oh so simple...thank you Kitchen Aid stand mixer).  The only difference? I plopped the dough into a round cake tin for the second rise, and for baking...resulting in a totally different looking and feeling loaf...

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! I like its "round" look, makes it so different from the usual loaf ( different in a very good way!)
    Enjoy your week, happy baking :)
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is very impressive! I love it that you're on a bread mission too (and doing it in such style!) I'll have to give this recipe a go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annalisa...thank you!!! it looks a bit funny...but the slices are more even...

    The Kitchen Maid...the stand mixer made all the difference!!! (to my sanity) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking bread; love the idea of the round pan. I have to use the bread machine to do the work but I shape it and bake it in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. god this looks good... so love a bread and i'm living my love for bread through blogs this month as I am carb-reducing for a while! so thank-you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita...thanks!! the loaf i made the other week i shaped myself but deavid felt that it was a bit flat...not enough room for a decent sandwich! so...i tried this and it is way better!! even if it looks a bit funny x

    Dom...hahahah i think you might have carb-withdrawl goggles on.... enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete