Friday 5 August 2011

Super Lemony Pasta

Lemon, Cream, Parsley, Butter, Parmesan, Pasta...it doesn't get much more simple than that.  


Last night I made this quick no-brainer pasta dish from the fantastic River Cafe Cookbook Green.  I don't actually have the cookbook...I have a number of recipes furiously scribbled on scraps of paper.  Following my copied out recipe this dish took the time it takes to cook the pasta to bring together...so it is important to make sure that your lovely hubby is actually home and ready to sit down at the table...other than that, it is so easy! 

The original recipe serves 4, so I just halved it and it worked a treat...For two lovely people...cook up 200g of dried egg tagliatelle.  While the pasta is cooking gently warm 150ml of double cream (small pot) in a saucepan, when it starts to bubble just chuck in 60g of butter and the juice and grated rind of two lemons.  Remove the cream from the heat and stir until butter is melted.  By this point the pasta should be cooked...drain it (reserve a little cooking water) and combine with creamy sauce and a huge handful of parsley, salt and pepper and a generous grating of parmesan cheese (if the sauce seems a bit thick add some of the reserved cooking water). Serve...enjoy...and lick the plate! 

13 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this, simple, quick delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds SO good - definitely plate licking territory!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my idea of heaven, no kidding! I also like this made with olive oil instead of the cream. Either way, I think pasta and lemon are just the best. I also like the fact that the simplicity of this recipe makes you appreciate the parsley and Parmesan, too. Nothing gets hidden in this dish. Thanks, I'll make it for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two hippos...it was so easy....2 lemons gives a real lemon kick so beware!!

    S...my plate was so clean at the end!!

    Sue...i make it with olive oil sometimes too, but sometimes you just need some cream!!! And I always use more parsley than suggested...I love flat leaf parsley! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUCKY Hubby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHerry...yup! he sure is!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I'll have to make this soon! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks great. I do like lemon dressings on pasta. Heck, I like lemon in a lot of things.

    If you want a similar one, try this (haven't posted it yet). Finely grated lemon peel, a squeeze of lemon, greek yoghurt and pesto on tagliatelle. So quick and amazingly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tamara...thanks for your comments! :)

    Jac...me too...lemon is one of my fave things. Oooo thanks for the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how yummy this sounds (and easy and fast), I will try it today for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina...it was so yummy...but super lemony! :) thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just made and had a big bowl full of it - well a variation with feta, chives/lemon melisse/mint instead of parsley, and without the grated lemon rind as they are not organic grown. It was too good to be real :-))))) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blogged about my variations http://hundgestrickt.blogspot.com/2011/08/lemon-pasta.html and and just can't believe how many comments I got... I think credits go to you so I wanna let you know! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete