Sunday 12 August 2012

It's the little things....homesmoked ribs

My uncle has a smoker...like a proper outdoor smoker for smoking meat.  While I was visiting my parents he arranged for the fam to get together for a smoke fest...it was awesome.




As an extra he made these Atomic Buffalo Turds (ATPs).  I could have easily eaten the whole plate of them...jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon....smoked to perfection.  



















The main event was, of course, the ribs.  Smoked with applewood chips...they were to.die.for.  Accompanied with the ATPs, pasta salad, caesar salad and mini corn breads this was the ultimate in BBQ meals.  



















And to round it all off...my aunt made pecan pie....I know....I'm lucky.

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! I have such a sweet tooth - that pie looks like the best bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooooo lucky!... I would love a smoker and I love the buffalo turds... that's genius!

    ReplyDelete