Tuesday 9 July 2013

Coffee Cake...quick, easy and oh so good

I love coffee cakes...you know a single sponge layer covered with fruit and a streusel topping...but it isn't easy to find one here in the UK.  Thankfully, they are quick and easy to make and perfect for this *heatwave*. 

I rustled up a blueberry coffee cake this morning in less than 10 mins...although the baking took a while longer than I thought it would have (stupid oven...stupid seal...stupid stupid).  But in the end out it came just in time for a cup of coffee (decaff) with a friend from work.



















The recipe is from my trusted Canadian Basics Cookbook.  I swapped out the vanilla for almond extract today (almonds and blueberries go so well together) and added a sprinkle of slivered almonds on top of the streusel for a little bit of crunch.  

There is a good chance this will the last cake I bake for a while, what with D-Day looming (one week)...so I am glad that it was a good one! 

1 comment:

  1. It would be great if you have shared the recipe as well Victoria.

    Thanks
    Finn Felton

    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete