Thursday 20 March 2014

Chocolate Chip Pretzel COOKIE Bars

The Babe and I met up with a couple of friends today for a catch up, a cup of tea, and more than one sweet treat.  One of my pals has been out of town for a few weeks so it was a great excuse to make something a bit OTT.  Crammed chocka block with chocolate chips, minstrels and pretzles I fell in love with these cookie bars.  That's right...cookie...bars.

Cookie batter baked in a cake tin and then cut into squares...I may never make regular cookies again.  Ok, that's not true...I probably WILL make cookies again, but I am pretty sure I'm going to be overdosing on cookie bars.  


These are so easy to make and baked in around 30 minutes...so much better than baking tray after tray of normal cookies.  Another bonus...this recipe uses melted butter...no need to be all organised and have your butter out softening the night before (although I did because I hadn't actually read the recipe).  So now I am in love with the cookie bar and have been surfing Pinterest all day looking for the next recipe (smores, peanutbutter, m&m)...I'm hooked.  


3 comments:

  1. Yummy ! I could so eat one of these now ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm..... Bring that recipe with you when you come to visit..... We'll have to have a taste testing!!!!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete